Feeling a bit down today…

May 1, 2009 at 3:32 am (Blogs n Blogging)

I get to miss our Beltane campout again this year because of my health, I’m so down about it and tired of being sick.
All started almost a year ago, I went in for a partial Hysterectomy that turned into a complete one because of the extreme Endometriosis I had.  Then a week or so after ended up being re-admitted to the hospital for a post op infection and a fever of 103.5.

Then in June of last year, I had a pain in my side that would not go away and got really bad, so I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with Diverticulitis.  From June – October I had about 8 hospital inpatient stays, a colonoscopy, a virtual colonoscopy, many cat scans and was sick most of the time and/or in pain.

Finally in November I had surgery to remove the bad parts of my colon from the Diverticulitis.  I ended up with internal bleeding and almost didn’t make it.  I had to have 8 pints of blood transfused and the body only holds 8-9!!!  A few weeks after I was home I was back in the ER for pain, after a scan it was determined I had an abscess in my abdomen which can happen after a surgery like the Colonectomy.  I was left with enough of my colon to avoid me having to have the ostomy bag since I’m only 37 years old.  I was re-admitted for the abscess, a drain tube was inserted and I was on IV meds.

Since then, I’ve been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and daily battle aches and pains.  A little over a week ago, I got the pain in my side again, so bad I was doubled over and called my husband home from work.  He took me again into the ER where yet another CAT Scan was done and it was determined I have the abscess again in abdomen.  I was transferred via ambulance to our main hospital and admitted per my surgeon and the ER doc.  The plan was to have the Radiology Dept again insert a drain tube and clear this up while I was on IV antibiotics and pain meds.  Well, on the morning I was to have the tube inserted, the Radiology department asked for a blood draw to make sure my blood was coagulating correctly.  I sat in my room and waited and waited, finally asking the nurse when I was going down.  She hadn’t heard so she called, apparently the Radiology Dept felt the abscess is not big enough to drain so it didn’t happen. A day later I was sent home on antibiotics and pain meds and this time oxygen because my O2 sats were low.

So here I am, home a week, still hurting and don’t see the doc until the 7th.  Oh forgot to mention, I went in for my mammogram and they found a solid mass, so I now get to go in on the 11th for a same day surgery to remove the mass, they will then test it to determine if it’s benign which I hope or malignant.

Thoughts and prayers are always needed and welcome.  I’m so ready to start feeling good and to be able to do the things I used to, to be able to do things like camping and doing things with my family without hurting or being sick.  They too have been through way too much with my health.

So, I’m feeling a bit down and I’m to the point where I’m saying enough is enough, I WANT and NEED to get and feel better!



  1. I Was Able to Lose Thirty Póunds in Thirty Days said,

    Hi, interesting post. I have been thinking about this topic,so thanks for posting. I’ll likely be coming back to your site. Keep up the good posts

  2. Lisa said,

    I am praying for your total recovery! I hope you get better soon! Bless your heart!!!!!!!!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: